click tracking
  • : China Visa FAQs

What is the new 10 years visa for American?

China Visa FAQ by

Starting on November 12, 2014, U.S. passport holders eligible for Chinese short term business (M), tourist (L) and family visit (Q2/S2) visas will be issued multiple-entry visas valid for 10 years.

In order to qualify for 10 year visas, US passport holders must have more than 1 year validity remaining on their passport.

Please note: if your last Chinese visa will be expired within 3 months, you could send your visa application to us. Otherwise if your last Chinese visa is still valid for more than 3 months, the Consulate will not accept your visa application unless you are applying for a different type of visa.


An expired US passport with a valid Chinese visa is good for travelling to China provided it is used together with a new valid US passport bearing the same name, sex, date of birth and nationality. If any changes are made to the above mentioned information on the new passport, a new visa shall be applied.

Qualified U.S. students may receive student residency permits valid for up to 5 years depending on the length of their educational program.

>> Get your China visa at low cost on

Bookmark and Share

This site is protected by copyright and trademark laws under US and International law.
© 2018 Free China Visa All rights reserved.